Friday, February 20, 2009

My travels (Day 1)

The journey began at 3:30 in the morning on October thirty first, five glorious years after the SPECTACULAR failure of Y2K. I awoke after a restless night, ready to go on this wonderful adventure into the brave new world that is the Yukon territory. I was up so early to make sure I was on time to the airport and sat myself down to enjoy a bowl of delicious captain crunch with crunchberries while looking over for one last time the Calvin and Hobbes book that would be my guide to the wonders of the Yukon. I had packed my single suitcase the night before, filling it with items that would no doubt be extremely important in such a wild and untamed land. I took my monthly shower early, not knowing when the next time I would be able to bathe once more and walked out the door at exactly 3:13. I arrived at the airport slightly before 4:50 ready to be on my way and eager to see what Canada had to offer in the way of carnal pleasures entertainment.

I waited for several hours going through more than a dozen delicious coke-a-cola beverages for my fellow traveling compatriots to arrive at the airport. Matt and Garrett, my traveling amigos, finally did arrive a little after noon, and their was much joyus greetings with handshakes and hurrah's abound, and with great glee did we gather our tickets for our 2:30 flight and prepare for what would be the most epic luggage search ever. After the arduous process and several delays due to Matt's possession of a dozen battery operated "self pleasuring devices" we managed to make it to our terminal with twenty minutes to spare. Not wanting to let the fun fade we soon took out a portable copy of Risk which Matt had brought and began a game of world domination. Luckily due to some extreme strategy and a bit of luck Garrett managed to sweep the table with us just before our row was called to board.

The flight was an epic journey in and of itself, from the knife fight to the noodle eating contest their was hardly a dull moment during the ten hour flight. Not even our brief delay at Vancouver did anything to dampen our spirits, while we were in British Columbia (which is well known as the worst province in good Canada) we still could not be any more excited for the journey. Soon our plane was off once again and within just another few hours we had arrived in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory late that night. After many more Hurrah's and much jubilation among the group we searched for a car rental company and soon found one willing to rent to an eighteen year old. We slept in the car that night, eagerly awaiting the remaining part of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment